About SMA Railway Technology GmbH
SMA Railway Technology GmbH develops and manufactures innovative static inverters for international rolling stock.
The product portfolio ranges from single devices such as battery chargers or air conditioning inverters to complete static inverters for passenger cars and multiple-unit trains. The system technology is suitable for a variety of applications and characterized by innovative power electronics, high reliability, and robustness.
The subsidiary of Beijing Dinghan Technology Co., Ltd. has its headquarters in Kassel in the center of Germany.
With the third generation of the SMARTconverter a family of static inverters is available which has been newly developed with regard to the increased requirements, drawing on the experience gained since 1999 with previous generations. Together with high reliability and cost-effective maintenance, minimum weight and a high degree of efficiency are the basic system features. Here, the third generation SMARTconverter sets new standards.
A static Inverter is a power electronic device supplying the onboard consumers of electric energy with a suitable supply voltage. The sometimes called auxiliary power converter is usually supplied from the traction power supply (catenary, third rail, generator or traction converter DC link).
Advantages of SMARTconverter 3
• up to 70 % less weight (e.g. 400 kg instead of 1,200 kg for 150 kVA power class)
• up to 50 % smaller (e.g. 0.8 m³ instead of 1.6 m³)
• up to 50 % lower losses (e.g. peak efficiency of 95 % instead of 90 %)
• additional features available (e.g. active input impedance control)
• increases the energy efficiency of the rolling stock
• reduces maintenance of the rolling stock due to less wear and tear
Head of Sales
Phone: +49 561 506346000
E-mail: Send message